At Times Square Arts we are closely monitoring developments concerning COVID-19, and are sending well wishes to our community here in New York City and around the world as we pause, slow down, and reassess how best to take care of ourselves and one another.
What will remain constant in the midst of uncertainty is our dedication to the arts and artist community. As a starting point in our efforts to uphold this service, we’ve compiled the following list of resources for artists and arts workers, and will continue to think of ways we can support one another in this moment of great and collective need.
If you have opportunities or resources you’d like to add to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to Find Resources for Artists and Art Organizations
A number of organizations and individuals are aggregating lists of resources focused on the arts, including emergency funding, exhibition and employment opportunities, calls to action and collective advocacy, information exchange, legal aid, and creative strategies for connection and care. Here are a few we’ve found helpful so far:
Creative Capital: List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- A continually updated list of resources for artists working across all disciplines, as well as arts philanthropists, and arts professionals.
Kickstarter: Resources for Artists in the COVID-19 Crisis
- Emergency grants, freelance resources, legal aid, and more.
- An aggregated list of legal information, emergency funding opportunities, local and international resources, best practices, online platforms, health resources, remote job opportunities, and more for freelancers in the arts industry.
The Laundromat Project: Responding to COVID-19: Self and Community Care with the LP
- A growing and evolving list compiled by Laundromat Project staff of various resources available to communities affected by COVID-19.
- A petition for Mayor Bill de Blasio and the City Council to provide relief for NYC art galleries, artists, and art workers by making their work eligible for the NYC Small Business Continuity Fund and the NYC Employee Retention Grant Program.
Vera List Center for Art and Politics: COVID-19 Resource
- A curated list of virtual gatherings, financial support, community care, impact surveys, teaching tools, and additional resources for artists and extended communities.
The New York Community Trust: NYC COVID-19 Response & Impact Fund
- A resource for nonprofit service providers struggling with the health and economic effects of the coronavirus. The fund will give grants and loans to NYC-based nonprofits that are trying to meet the new and urgent needs that are hitting the city.
NYFA: Emergency Grants
- General and discipline-specific emergency grants for artists